The Ring Of Periodic Elements (TROPE)
GAME & TRADE
Designed by Alexander Braun (2004-2009)
Development site: http://theUniverse.name/trope
This document, theUniverse.name website, and TROPE game are in the design & development stage intended for use by the production team. The contents are not finalized and everything is subject to change. Viewer discretion is advised.
TROPE – Introduction.
Gaming is the biggest industry in the world setting fast growing pace, high standards, and elevated expectations. While modern-day children and young adults use their hi-fi wi-fi digi toys and spend more time than ever before playing with them, the question of quality of that time frequently bothers modern-day parents and educators alike. Multitude of young people are being bombarded by the corporate, violent, and x-rated content, made readily available to them for consumption in every possible medium and form, however, when it comes to educational tools and quality content to stimulate development of the brain, here we have an opportunity to provide for this nish market aimed at geeks, nerds, librarians, and general intellectual snobs. TROPE is the geek’s paradise. Recent stats indicate that only 13/1000 can understand this sentence and TROPE game is designed to help remedy this intellectual stagnation and atrophy. The cosmopolitan society of today has to nurture intellectual capacity to enable the transition from local post-industrial-mechanical economy to global digital community & market place. Verily an ancient prophecy shalt come to pass and the geeks will inherit the world.
TROPE is designed to be both a game and a market place. As a game, TROPE at core based on the laws of nature, specifically the laws of physics and chemistry, and accompanies players in a life-time educational adventure exploring and learning the laws that govern the real world, while experimenting and creating personal digital version of the world, limited only by individual imagination. This digital worlds, public and private, are part of theUniverse.name that maintains itself, as the nature does, on on-going basis, even if players themselves are not actively involved, or dead, life still goes on in their binary realms.
TROPE – Interface. “One Ring That Rules Them All.”
The main graphic image of TROPE is made by taking traditional periodic table of elements and enclosing it in a ring. This effectively makes fresh, appealing, and compact design. On mouse over, TROPE will show element’s business card, on mouse out it will randomly rotate through the elements, showing their business cards for two seconds. The number of elements that exist in player’s account will be displayed in the top-right corner of the element’s cell. A green arrow up, red arrow down, or blue scales (no change) icons will appear in the element’s cell indicating last trade as compared to the previous one.
TROPE – Making Periodic Elements.
- Only Hydrogen [H1] can be made out of nothing by rolling two dice with maximum of twelve Hydrogens [H1] per roll. The dice are accompanied by randomly changing special numbers or designated sequence of rolls, reserved for wild card events, such as +/- of extra Hydrogens [H1] or entire Hydrogen [H1] nebulae. All other elements are made using Hydrogen [H1].
- All element below Carbon [C6] when fused, i.e. acquired, produce EUs (Energy Units), i.e. heat, light, and radiation. For example, to make Helium [He2] the two Hydrogens [H1] are fused producing Helium [He2] +2 EUs (Energy Units), since it takes less energy to maintain one Helium [He2] than two Hydrogens [H1], the residual excess energy is released as Energy Units, active element’s signature, measured in heat (infra-red), light (visible), and radiation (ultra-violet) on wave frequency spectrum.
- All element heavier than Carbon [C6] are passive and require it’s atomic number in EUs to allow fusion to take place. Hence it would take 79 Hydrogens [H1] and 79 EUs to obtain one Gold [Au79] atom.
- Iron [Fe26] is the centre of gravity and all elements gravitate to become Iron [Fe26]. All elements lighter than Iron [Fe26] are trying to engage in chemical reactions to become more heavier and closer to Iron [Fe26], while all elements heavier than Iron [Fe26] are trying to loose their weight, i.e. extra electrons, protons, and neutrons, to become closer to Iron [Fe26] and thus are subjected to the radioactive decay.
TROPE – Universal Elements Exchange (UEE).
As a market place, TROPE provides players with the ability to make/buy/sell/trade/auction the periodic elements using UNIVERSAL ELEMENTS EXCHANGE (UEE) module where players can obtain the necessary ingredients for their world(s).
- Only Hydrogen [H1] can be bought/sold/auctioned on UEE for real world currency, such as gold, silver, US dollars, or euros for example, all other elements are converted to their current rate in Hydrogen [H1] atoms.
- The initial purchase cost of a periodic element is it’s atomic number measured in Hydrogen [H1] atoms. The elements heavier than Carbon [C6] must also have equal number of EUs (refer above: TROPE – Making Periodic Elements).
- To make an element other than Hydrogen [H1], which is made by rolling two dice, a player has to accumulate one out of four types of Hydrogen [H1] clouds – the nebula:
- The small nebula, size of 100,000,000 Hydrogens [H1], will initiate Hydrogen [H1] fusion to produce the Brown Dwarf star which will enable production of elements from 02-05 with their EUs.
- The medium nebula, size of 100,000,000,000 Hydrogens [H1], will initiate Hydrogen [H1] fusion to produce the Yellow star, similar in size to our Sun, which will enable production of elements from 06-26 with their EUs.
- The large nebula, size of 100,000,000,000,000 Hydrogens [H1], will initiate Hydrogen [H1] fusion to produce the Red Giant star which will enable production of elements from 27-56 with their EUs.
- The x-large nebula, size of 100,000,000,000,000,000 Hydrogens [H1], will initiate Hydrogen [H1] fusion to produce the Supernovae explosion and formation of the Pulsar star which will enable production of elements from 57-118 (TROPE expansion max of 146 elements based on E8 model).
- Once all four nebulae have been established with their respective star systems and all 92 earth elements have been made and are available in player’s holdings, a planetary system, such as the Earth, can be established, enabling production of compounds, such as water molecules.
- 0 (zero) [ON] – Energy Potential – FUN – POWER – The Micro Universe Body – god – Collective Unconsciousness [E0=1]
- [OFF/ON] – Energy State – FUNCTION – WILL – The Micro Universe Mind – Collective Subconsciousness. [E1=0/1]
- [- | = | + ] – Energy Charge – FORCE FIELD – ACTION – The Micro Universe Spirit (space xyz coordinates) – Collective Consciousness. [m = E0=E1 / E0 != E1]
FORCE NAME FORCE PARTICLE PARTICLE MASS Strong Gluon 0 Electromagnetic Photon 0 Weak Weak gauge bosons (two types) 86 / 97 Gravity Graviton 0
- [IN/OUT] – Energy Change – FREQUENCY FORM – Spectrum frq. range: colour / sound / wave length – The Micro Universe Soul (time is now) – Individual Unconsciousness – sequencing patterns. [c]
- Particle – Periodic Element – Basic Stable Structure – Atomic System: Electron / Neutron / Proton – The Micro Universe Nature (it/ego) – Individual Subconsciousness – unchanged/single instance of randomly occurring patterns. [E=mc]
- Matter Substance – NON-ORGANIC LIFE – Molecule structure of same elements: solid, liquid, gas, plasma – The Micro Universe Being (is/I am) – Individual Consciousness – changing/multiple instances of reoccurring patterns. [E=mc2]
- Matter Compound – Molecule structure of mix elements: solid, liquid, gas, plasma – The Micro Universe Family (We are) – Environment – Non-organic chemistry – cause/effect, processes, active/inert, conditions.
- Genome – GROWTH – Fibernachi sequence – ORGANIC LIFE (DNA, RNA, Proteins, etc.) – Organic Chemistry – Nature – diversity (future).
- Organism [yes/no] – idea, thought, experience, knowledge, design, individualism, organs, specifics, personal, discrimination, distinction, discernment, recognition, purpose, solo, self, ego.
- Species – Symmetry: bi/circular/amorphous – reproduction, representation, belonging, group, pairs, collective, similarity, identifying/associating with.
- Genera – THE USE – Supply, Security, Support – friends, economy, composition, resources.
- Families – HOME BASE – particular, possessions, memories (past), personal relations, ranking, relatives, performance, training, learning.
- Orders – local, specific, authority, law enforcement.
- Classes – privilege, maintenance, up-keeping, following, nurturing, judgment, recognition, advancement, planning.
- Phyla – Plankton, Fungi, Algae – counting, weighing, dividing
- Kingdoms – Human, Animal, Plant, Fungi, Mineral
- Eco system (i.e.: Symbiosis/Inter-dependence of life on Earth)
- Bio system (i.e.: inside the atmosphere)
- Geo system (i.e.: inside Van Allen Belt)
- Solar system (i.e.: inside the Kepler Belt)
- Milky Way & Mono-Galactic systems (i.e.: Orion Arm, The Bar, Planetary Belt, Stars Nursery)
- Multi-galactic systems (i.e.: Local Group, Local Cluster, Local Super-Cluster)
- The Macro Universe Body – GOD.
theUniverse.name Business Proposal
theUniverse.name is the world’s first fully functional world-wide-web based open source & open expression public domain digital universe. It is a symbiotic environment with emphasis on expression in the spirit of sharing and intellectual property freedom. It gives the user ability to find, promote, and use public domain content, and provides a platform for both individual and collective concepts using publicly owned resources. theUniverse.name makes use of the Idiosyntactix Strategic Arts & Sciences Alliance Incidentalist Manifestos. These principals are our guiding mission statement. This guides theUniverse.name in terms of expression and its diverse effects. As well it serves as a guideline for managing user intellectual property rights.
Started in 1999 by a Toronto artist Alexander Braun, theUniverse.name was an idea for an alternative web page layout and interface to the web. Instead of using a traditional “electronic brochure” style of interface (as is with most websites and web2 such as Facebook and MySpace), theUniverse.name instead brings the concept of familiar real-world graphic environment which the user is free to explore in any way they choose. Ten years later, theUniverse.name is still the only website showcasing virtual worlds using innovative interface accessible with any web browser. It is also viewable using text based browsers, personal digital devices, or cell phones.
We plan to introduce an avatar system, can be of a simple social networking design (similar to yahoo) or they can be of a more complex fantasy oriented design (similar to Oblivion), so that users would be able to move around in space (similar to second life) and have the option to chat and exchange files, making theUniverse.name an effective social networking tool for a wide demographic of individuals and groups.
We also plan to introduce TROPE (The Ring Of Periodic Elements) as a currency system for theUniverse.name virtual economy. TROPE is based on the production of virtual Hydrogen (and four types of the Hydrogen fusion) which enables a user to form other elements, stars, planets, organic life, and artificial civilizations. The production of Hydrogen will be based on two dice that can roll max of 12 points. These points are added up to the user’s net total, including a global total for all players. The global totals for all elements will be posted on the virtual commodities market for trade. The player can keep on producing Hydrogen or can fuse it to produce Helium and other elements, producing residual heat and energy needed for chemical reactions pass Carbon. All virtual elements can be placed for sale or purchased using Paypal or other secure payment systems.
theUniverse.name is designed as an International eSpace Station. It has a multi-language based system providing instant translation and blog publishing using Google-supported languages. theUniverse.name plans to use Google Earth for further expanding its virtual locations using tools such as Google street view. theUniverse.name is using w3c standards for web publishing, Google, Wikipedia, Word Press, Drupal, Slashdot, as well as other public and private sources.
What makes this concept different?
It is a well known fact that users in modern web2.0 culture consider excessive text cumbersome. Our original concept provides a new graphical interface for the world wide web. With this interface the need for written explanations telling people how to find their way around the page is greatly reduced. This makes the interactive experience far more immerse. The use of a familiar view of a street, (or other common items) will serve to facilitate user-friendly functionality by utilizing an already existing user’s experience of the natural world. This flexibility is necessary for a truly international appeal.
The plan to use the periodic table of elements (TROPE) as a points/currency system is a novel and fun way to engage adults and kids alike to learn chemistry, physics, life sciences, arts, astronomy, and many other disciplines. The idea behind TROPE is that while people use this website and play TROPE driven games, they also make money and learn useful skills in the fields of arts and sciences. It is felt by the development team that the TROPE concept can assist as an educational technology were academic performance is waning.
What specific problem does theUniverse.name solve?
While people can use websites for entertainment and social networking, they also get to see photos of our universe, the world, learn the laws of nature, and experiment with alternative social models and economies. The website is for all ages and all IQ levels. It is designed to empower participants and grow their self-awareness, awareness of their immediate environment. The TROPE model will also possibly serve to improve their financial health. The more people who visit theUniverse.name and play TROPE, the more valuable skills, resources, and knowledge they will gain.
Sales and distribution.
theUniverse.name has sold three virtual houses in 2009. Already, the total of CAN $ 850 plus CAN $ 2250 of investment has been infused into the project. This has occurred through strict low key word of mouth buzz. There are currently several dozen free membership subscribers. theUniverse.name sells memberships for $20 a year or $2 a month, physical and digital products at our new eShop are already for sale, services (email, ftp, hosting, advertising, e-commerce), e-commodities (TROPE), and e-real estate are up for grabs with more potential clients showing interest daily.
With investment we look towards the future.
With money invested, the next phase is to get a reasonably priced office space in the downtown Toronto area. We plan to hire one php programmer, one flash/graphics artist, one web designer, one system administrator, and one network engineer. We already have candidates we want to bring on board. We plan to upgrade current server to a premium business account, setup a secondary mirror server, and expand virtual real estate. Next, we would begin placing some advertising, at both the street level and online, design of various promotional posters, fliers, business cards, and manufacturing of the brand-specific merchandise.
Your donations and support are much appreciated.
theUniverse.name Realty Inc.